Re: The incident that caused me to stop dual booting and go to Linux

Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
> Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> I have DOS 5.0 install disks (somewhere in the attic IIRC) that
>> came with an Amiga bridgeboard (GVP PC286). I've Never used it
>> though.
>
> Do you suppose that you could get a refund?

Doubtful. No1 - they're well over ten years old; No2 - they were bought
second-hand (which also raises the question of whether or not I'm even
allowed to use it, since I'm not sure if first-sale rights apply to
licenses); and No3 - AFAICT the Vole doesn't do refunds ... ever, they
leave that to the POS (OEM, retailer, etc.). My "retailer" was a bloke
on eBay, who sold me an A530 accelerator/HDD + bridgeboard, along with
these DOS disks, a couple of years ago.

So what's the going rate for a 15 year old copy of DOS, anyway?

I doubt it has any collectors value (who gets all nostalgic over
something as dull as DOS/Windows?), and it's of zero practical use, so
frankly I'm inclined to bin it at the next clear-out.

If someone wants to pay the postage, I'll send them the disks for free,
otherwise they're going to the Big Disk Box in the Sky.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 17:09:04 up 6 days, 51 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.02