Re: What will an Obama presidency mean to the free software movement?

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>> Oh yeah... and what exactly is Obama going to do to benefit the
>> "free software movement" - Is he going to write some code and open
>> source it? What specifically do you think he'll do for this
>> "movement."
>
> Hopefully, he'll simply keep his hands off it.
>
> I was going to say "control Microsoft"

You misspelled "burn to the ground and piss on the ashes".

Obama may be American, which immediately bends his political stance
somewhere to the right of Mussolini, but he's also a rights activist,
which gives me hope that he may actually use his power in office to
reclaim (and retain) some of those rights for the American people. And
what more fundamental right is there than Freedom (other than the right
to life itself)? The Free Software movement is a far more central issue
than many would give credit for. Obama may know squat about computers,
or care less about Linux, but he certainly cares about Freedom and
justice. Let's hope that his policies bring (perhaps indirectly) the
former to software and the latter to Microsoft.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 20:54:04 up 2 days,  4:36,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.08