Re: [News] Hard to Find Anything That Does Not Run Linux...

[snips]

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:14:18 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:

> Yeah, I've had an LG DVD recorder for years. It has a HDD in it and it
> runs linux. Never had to get it repaired and it just works!

Mine is, I suspect, getting a little well-used, as it will occasionally
now claim that a perfectly good disc is unreadable.  Still, it plays most
without issue and I use it mostly for the PVR side anyhow, storing to the
HD.  Works like a charm - apart from honoring record-blocking signals.
(Grumble, spit).