Re: Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi

____/ invalid@xxxxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 04 November 2008 14:34 : \____

> "Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.
> Unfortunately they use Borg to do their marketing and
> Ferengi to do their programming."
>                                          -Simon Slavin
>
> "A computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake
> without mustard."
>                                         -Leo (Bing) Whiteway
>
> The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste, they
> have absolutely no taste, and what that means is, I don't mean
> that in a small way I mean that in a big way.  I have a problem
> with the fact that they just make really third rate products.
>            -- Steve Jobs, Triumph of the Nerds, PBS Documentary
>

> "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will
> just  be a completely unintentional side effect."
>                                     -Linus Torvalds
>
> It has been shown in laboratory studies that the average
> chimpanzee can, with Visual Basic, create a new program
> which exploits some security hole in Microsoft Outlook
> within 10-15 minutes of random clicking on pictures.
> Your results may vary, depending on whether you have
> learned to use your opposable thumbs.
>                                          -Visual Basic
>
> "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy
> operating systems."
>                                          -Linus Torvalds
>
> "The fact remains that Microsoft's entire infrastructure
> is based on fundamentally flawed designs, not buggy code.
> These designs can't be changed.  To change them, Microsoft
> would have to dump all existing APIs and break compatibility
> with everything up till now. ... And if Microsoft does
> change its ways, what incentive will you have to stick with
> Microsoft? If you have to start over from scratch to build
> your app in this new, secure Microsoft environment, will
> you pay the hundreds or thousands of dollars to go the
> Microsoft route, or the $0 to go with Linux?"
>
>                                          -Charlie Demerjian

This morning I received this comment, which sounds illogical and highly
unlikely:

"I just heard that Novell is designing the OS for Windows 7. I live in Provo
Utah and heard it from an insider that Novell is designing it w/ a flavor of
Linux. I guess that M$ even admits that NT is loaded w/ security and stability
issues."

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached