Re: Ripping CDs in KDE - Can it Get ANY Easier?

After takin' a swig o' grog, TomB belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On 2008-10-29, Roy Schestowitz was urged to write the following:
>>
>> * Enter CD
>> * Pop-up menu shows up asking if the user's desire is to play or open the CD's
>> content in a file manager. Open in file manager.
>> * Voila! In the background, KDE has fetched the tracks info for the entire
>> album (over the Web) and within 1 second the tracks appear as aptly-named
>> files.
>> *Drag and drop the directory called MP3 (or Ogg) where you want it and bam! All
>> done.
>>
>> How is this done in Windows?
>
> This is a *great* Konqueror feature. OSX fans should adore it, as it
> doesn't get any easier than this...
>
> I still prefer Grip though. Nostalgia I think :-)

I used to use grip.  Now I use jack (the ripper).  Command line with a
curses-based reporting mechanism/interface.

--
NAPOLEON: What shall we do with this soldier, Giuseppe?  Everything he
	  says is wrong.