Re: Ripping CDs in KDE - Can it Get ANY Easier?

Snit wrote:
> "LusoTec" <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx> stated in post
> Xe2dnZqt2czHoZXUnZ2dnUVZ8jCdnZ2d@xxxxxxxx on 10/29/08 3:35 AM:

>> A single sub menu to select predefined ripping configurations and manage
>> configurations is all it takes. It would keep the file manager GUI
>> uncluttered and still allow easy access to a multitude of configuration
>> options.
>
> I simply cannot picture this.  Can you show a screen shot or mockup?

Lets see if ASCII "art" can do the trick! :)

|Tools|
|-----+-------------+
| ................. |
| ................. |
| ................. |+------------------------+
| CD Audio Ripper  >|| Select Encoding Config |
| ................. |+------------------------+
| ................. ||[ ] FLAC Archive        |
| ................. ||[X] High Quality OGG    |
| ................. ||[ ] Mobile Player MP3   |
'-------------------'

>> This kind of UI is perfect for people like me, that create a small set of
>> predefined configurations (e.g. archive flac, high quality ogg, mobile
>> player mp3) and rarely, if ever, mess with the configuration again.
>>
>> Of course, a ripping program independent from the file manager should
>> also exist, even if it gives the exact same features.
>
> Why have duplication to that extent?

I don't see it has duplication but as integration with Konqueror. Many
program integrate with Konqueror (e.g. KPDF, Kate).

>From the programmer's point of view most of the code would be shared and
there would only be a need to write a KPart and/or KIO component.

Regards.