Re: Ripping CDs in KDE - Can it Get ANY Easier?

Snit wrote:
> "TomB" <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx> stated in post
> ZdONk.63833$KL7.45004@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on 10/28/08 5:36 PM:
>> This is a *great* Konqueror feature. OSX fans should adore it, as it
>> doesn't get any easier than this...
>>
>> I still prefer Grip though. Nostalgia I think :-)
>
> I can see the value of having this in the file browser, but then your file
> browser gets bloated with options for quality of importing and burning,
> cross fading, what to download (art, lyrics, song titles, etc.), pausing
> between songs, etc.  Seems to make sense to be in its own software...

A single sub menu to select predefined ripping configurations and manage
configurations is all it takes. It would keep the file manager GUI
uncluttered and still allow easy access to a multitude of configuration
options.

This kind of UI is perfect for people like me, that create a small set of
predefined configurations (e.g. archive flac, high quality ogg, mobile
player mp3) and rarely, if ever, mess with the configuration again.

Of course, a ripping program independent from the file manager should also
exist, even if it gives the exact same features.

Regards.