Re: Ripping CDs in KDE - Can it Get ANY Easier?

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> stated in post
2554888.HF3chEeqVl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 10/28/08 6:54 PM:

> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 29 October 2008 00:42 : \____
>
>> TomB wrote:
>>
>>> On 2008-10-29, Roy Schestowitz was urged to write the following:

>>> This is a *great* Konqueror feature. OSX fans should adore it, as it
>>> doesn't get any easier than this...
>
> Grip is how I did it 5 years ago.
>
>> Just ask Snot Michael Glasser.
>> He will explain why a convoluted mess, consisting of at least half a dozen
>> mouse-clicks in seemingly unrelated positions will result in something
>> similar, albeit not quite (most of the target formats will be missing).
>>
>> And then declare the OSX way superior
>
> A BSD with a nice-looking theme and overpriced hardware. Why not just get a
> mid-tier machine and then put Bagjira on KDE? Oh wait! That won't give you
> the 'Mac Experience'^TM (aura and stuff).

If Shuttleworth gets his way it is possible desktop Linux will be doing a
lot to catch up with OS X.  I would welcome that.

--
"Uh... ask me after we ship the next version of Windows [laughs] then I'll
be more open to give you a blunt answer." - Bill Gates