Re: [News] Microsoft closes the quarter with less cash than Apple

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:43:23 -0700, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 05:06:26 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

>> Line above should read "I'm betting Vista 7 *doesn't* help slow the
>> slide."
>
> I'm betting it will, in a big way.

<snip>

> No, I expect Windows 7 _will_ stem the tide, at least somewhat, of MS'
> ongoing saga of driving themselves into the dirt, but I also expect
> Windows 8 (or 7.x, as the case may be) to be the nail which finally
> punctures the giant's tires in a manner they can no longer patch.
> Whether they recover - re-design, re-engineer, re-think - or whether
> they simply go down the crapper, only time will tell, but I don't think
> it will be Windows 7 helping them down that path.

All good logic, I can hardly argue against, and wouldn't try.

If Microsoft were clever enough to listen to Kelsey, perhaps Vista 7
could save them in the short term.

However I think that Microsoft are too big, too slow, and too entrenched
to be able to dig themselves out of their own pit.

It will be fun watching tho.

Regards
Terry