Re: [News] New worm feeds on latest Microsoft bug

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Sunday 26 October 2008 22:45 : \____
>
>> In principle a machine with a running firewall should be safe, but a
>> small error in setting the firewall will make the machine wide open.
>
> Based on what I've read, it can bypass firewalls by attacking (spreading)
> from local networks, assuming these are not blocked.

Certainly. There is lots of malware which shuts off the toy windows uses
as "firewall".
When malware has entered the system, all bets for windows are off.
--
Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...