[News] Moe Variants of Firefox Appear

Think Firefox 3 is fast? Try Firefox Minefield

,----[ Quote ]
| You can download the latest nightly build for Mac OS X, Linux, or Windows,
| but be warned: it's alpha code. While a quick scan of the Web shows few
| complaints as to stability, Minefield may not be for you. It doesn't support
| some of my favorite Firefox extensions (like Adblock Plus), but it actually
| has surprisingly good support for extensions, given that it's a fast-moving
| project.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10073252-16.html

A Week Of Open Source Riches

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the last couple of weeks, many of the open source projects that I use on
| a daily basis enjoyed new releases, including a Firefox competitor (sort of):
| Flock 2.0. Upgrade time!
|
| I was using the Firefox 3-based beta of Flock 2 for quite some time without
| noticing a great deal about it that was, well, beta-like. For ages it served
| as my default browser on my notebook; it shared time on my desktop with
| Firefox 3.0 (and later the 3.1 beta), as well as Google Chrome. And now Flock
| 2 is finally fully-baked and ready for public consumption.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/10/a_week_of_open.html

about:mozilla - Firefox 3.1, Thunderbird, Mobile Firefox, Impact Mozilla,
localization, 2010 goals, Ubiquity, and more…

,----[ Quote ]
| In this issue…
|
|     * Firefox 3.1 beta 1 now available
|     * Thunderbird “Shredder” alpha 3 released
|     * First Mobile Firefox alpha released
|     * Impact Mozilla: last call for submissions
|     * Localization schedule for Firefox 3.1 beta 2
|     * Discussing Mozilla’s proposed 2010 goals
|     * Developer tools and the Open Web
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/10/21/aboutmozilla-firefox-31-thunderbird-mobile-firefox-impact-mozilla-localization-2010-goals-ubiquity-and-more/

Recent:

First look: Mozilla's mobile Fennec browser

,----[ Quote ]
| It is good to see Mozilla putting significant resources and effort into the
| mobile space. Mozilla changed the desktop browser marketplace; I hope its
| influence on mobile browsing will be even bigger.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/151153

Mozilla Firefox 3.1 on Its Way to Setting Web Video Standard

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox has a huge user base and acceptance from web developers, which
| theoretically makes Mozilla less vulnerable to submarine patent lawsuits, as
| companies would risk in terms of image if such actions were taken, as
| Mitchell Baker commented at the Products and Technology Roadmap Mozilla
| Summit session. Mike Shaver, Mozilla’s Interim VP of Engineering,
| added, "Somebody had to do it. It’s good it was us."
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mozilla-Firefox-3-1-on-It-039-s-Way-to-Setting-Web-Video-Standard-91432.shtml

Mozilla Debuts Mobile Browser Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla late Thursday released the first public preview of its mobile
| browser, and took the unusual step of offering it in versions for desktop PCs
| and Macs to collect feedback.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/152426/mozilla_alpha_browser.html?tk=rss_news

Firefox for Mobile: What you need to know

,----[ Quote ]
| How would you like to be among the first to get touchy-feely with the next
| mobile browser everyone's talking about? Mozilla's release of the Firefox for
| Mobile alpha code, code-named Fennec, grants that wish to users of the Nokia
| N810 and N800 Internet tablet (installation details here).
`----

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-10069208-12.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Firefox for Mobile: first screenshots!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Awesome Bar, which lets you search for pages intuitively and directly, is
| prominent, though can clearly be tidied away for a more screen estate for the
| web page itself.
`----

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/firefox-for-mobile-first-screenshots--475458

Mozilla plans mobile Firefox, plus 'public resource' usage data

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla's chief has set goals for the development of the open source project
| over the next two years, including the release of a mobile version of Firefox
| by 2010.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/19/moz_mission_statement/

Mozilla's Mobile Firefox Targets Summer Release

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/148279/mozillas_mobile_firefox_targets_summer_release.html