Re: [News] ASUS Debunks MSI/MS FUD About GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks

____/ 7 on Thursday 23 October 2008 06:54 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> ASUS CEO Reveals Eee PC Sales Numbers, Plans for Touch Eee PCs and More
>> Eee Family Products
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | We have heard that return rates have been higher for Linux-based
>> | netbooks. Can you share information on sales of the Linux Eee PCs versus
>> | Windows XP versions? What about return rates overall for Eee PC
>> | netbooks?
>> |
>> | I think the return rate for the Eee PCs are low but I believe the Linux
>> | and Windows have similar return rates. We really separate the products
>> | into different user groups. A lot of users like the Windows XP, but in
>> | Europe a lot of people want the Linux option. Actually in Linux we
>> | support the Easy Mode and in Q4 of this year we are going to start
>> | selling Windows XP with an Easy Mode.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blog.laptopmag.com

asus-ceo-reveals-eee-pc-sales-numbers-plans-for-touch-eee-pcs-and-more-eee-family-products

>> More along then and ignore the FUD. Sub-notebooks running GNU/Linux are
>> doing great.
>

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!
>
> SO THE REAL REASON WHY MSI RETURN RATES ARE HIGH IS BECAUSE MSI
> DON'T KNOW HOW TO SELL CHEAPER LINUX PCs?!!!!!!!!!
>
> They are overcharging their customers instead of passing
> on the Linux savings; and fooling windummies by masquerading
> as windummy machines with the high prices forcing customers
> to return products.
>
> As I said before, some of these newer players are behaving
> like fools when Linux laptop prices have fallen to $98.
> And instead of accepting the punishment meated out to them
> by the markets for doing micoshaft when they could
> be doing Linux and making tons of money like Asus, they whine. Its the
> last time I would ever recommend any MSI crap. Until they drop
> their prices to where the others are and genuinely bring
> out a Linux laptop of a quality build that matters to the customer,
> its good bye MSI.

They are Gold Microsoft Partners are they blindly chose the Microsoft-taxed
Ballnux, which _IS NOT_ customised for low-end PCs at all.

,----[ Quote ]
| An un-named Microsoft official quoted in the original article claims that
| manufacturers currently offering Linux on their low-cost devices “have made
| some good inroads with open-source, and Microsoft wants to put a stop to it.”
`----

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=D04AB1F8-17A4-0F78-310F5F4479DEEE86

Microsoft worried over Linux ULPCs

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/05/12/microsoft-worried-over-linux-ulpcs/1

All sub-notebooks are not created equal.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Wintendo O/S: which virus do fancy today?