Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Blasted and Sued in China for Hijacking PCs

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> [Microsoft Really Needs More Money, So it Starts Punishing 'Addicted'
> Chinese...]
>
> Microsoft accused of hacking in piracy clampdown
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Across China thousands of computer screens are turning dark. The reason
> | is a piece of software from a US firm.
> |
> | Software giant Microsoft is deactivating unauthorised copies of its
> | Windows operating system, in a nation where 82% of all software is
> | pirated ? even if many end users do not know it.
> `----
>
> http://technology.newscientist.com/channel/tech/electronic-threats
dn15009-microsoft-accused-of-hacking-in-piracy-clampdown.html

Well, thats what I mean by launching software missiles from the US
aimed at the rest of the world.

The only thing is legislation and more knowledgeable and
open source guys to be put in charge of project management that go about
specifying that no computer and software with such vulnarabities should be
sold to government and big businesses.

Governments also need to start IT information advisory services
that sell the benefits of open source and warn of the softare
missile dangers of foreign software companies.