[News] [Rival] Microsoft Blasted and Sued in China for Hijacking PCs

[Microsoft Really Needs More Money, So it Starts Punishing 'Addicted'
Chinese...]

Microsoft accused of hacking in piracy clampdown

,----[ Quote ]
| Across China thousands of computer screens are turning dark. The reason is a
| piece of software from a US firm.
|
| Software giant Microsoft is deactivating unauthorised copies of its Windows
| operating system, in a nation where 82% of all software is pirated – even if
| many end users do not know it.
`----

http://technology.newscientist.com/channel/tech/electronic-threats/dn15009-microsoft-accused-of-hacking-in-piracy-clampdown.html

Chinese fume at Microsoft anti-piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| China's vocal bloggers seemed stunned that their computers seemed to have
| phoned Microsoft for the anti-piracy tool without asking.
|
| "The computer is mine", one angry blogger penned, "Microsoft has no right to
| control my hardware without my agreement", the poor fool thought.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/22/chinese-fume-microsoft-anti

Microsoft sued in China for black screen of death

,----[ Quote ]
| A Chinese lawyer has filed a legal complaint against Microsoft for installing
| Windows Genuine Advantage on his computer. He has asked the Ministry of
| Public Security to file criminal charges against Microsoft.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/10/22/china_fury_microsoft_wga/

"We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."

                --Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President, Microsoft

Mafiasoft is turning into more of a mafia each day. Almost
like a drugs gang [1].

___
[1] Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html