Re: [News] Desktop GNU/Linux a Better Mac Than Mac OS X

After takin' a swig o' grog, Homer belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>>>
>>> Evidently the one guy working on the project agrees. He's the only
>>> person working on the project and it looks like he gave up on it 33
>>> weeks ago at version 0.1.7. Now lets hear the "advocates" proclaim
>>> how Linux has something that rivals core animation because of this
>>> dead project.
>
> Well if anyone is actually interested in Core Animation for Linux/X then
> I'm sure somebody will pick up the baton and run with it. The fact that
> there's a whole community of developers working on compiz, but only one
> guy showing a passing interest in Core Animation, speaks volumes about
> how low that level of interest is. Nonetheless, because it is (or will
> be) Free Software then anyone who really wants to can work on it.

I agree, in general.  Free software does not cover /every/ bit of
proprietary functionality, though, as you note.  There will always be
some function that is a "deal killer" for a sufficiently unmotivated
potential convert to Linux.

> Maybe "Zek" could do it, since he doesn't seem to do much else besides
> bitch about an OS he doesn't even use, much less develop for.

Oh, I think Zeke uses Linux.  To what extent and to what purpose, who
knows?  Or cares, really.  If he's talking sh*t, he'll get some static.
Otherwise, positive contributions to the general knowledge around here
are sorely needed.

--
All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.