Re: [News] Desktop GNU/Linux a Better Mac Than Mac OS X

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>> "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Maybe we could just ask the developer of Adamantium: Core
>>> Animation for Linux/X whether or not it takes "a heck of a lot of
>>> OpenGL code":
>>>
>>> http://forum.compiz-fusion.org/showthread.php?t=7253
>>
>> Evidently the one guy working on the project agrees. He's the only
>> person working on the project and it looks like he gave up on it 33
>> weeks ago at version 0.1.7. Now lets hear the "advocates" proclaim
>> how Linux has something that rivals core animation because of this
>> dead project.
>
> <crickets>
>
> Yeah, another prediction bites the dust.
>
> Anyway, that's actually when he started the project.  And the site he
> set up doesn't have /any/ files.  Not only dead, but stillborn.  No
> milestones, no history.  Some code in the archive, but it looks like
> he worked on it for just a few days.

Well if anyone is actually interested in Core Animation for Linux/X then
I'm sure somebody will pick up the baton and run with it. The fact that
there's a whole community of developers working on compiz, but only one
guy showing a passing interest in Core Animation, speaks volumes about
how low that level of interest is. Nonetheless, because it is (or will
be) Free Software then anyone who really wants to can work on it.

Maybe "Zek" could do it, since he doesn't seem to do much else besides
bitch about an OS he doesn't even use, much less develop for.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 17:01:50 up 12 days,  1:57,  3 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.09, 0.02