Re: [News] Desktop GNU/Linux a Better Mac Than Mac OS X

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <9z0xwhaxxnp3.1nw6xdaewczsp.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx>,
>  "Moshe Goldfarb." <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'll give you a hint, we don't need another iPod manager or compiler
>> or editor. Fix the ones that are out there already instead of
>> inventing new ones.
>>
>> Same goes for sound.
>
> The state of Linux sound, outside of COLA:
>
>    <http://lwn.net/Articles/299093/>

Don't be an asshat, Tim.  We had this discussion already.

"Linux" isn't Microsoft, and "Linux" isn't Apple.  In spite of the
variety of solutions, we still manage to have good userland and pro
sound support.

And there is no single line of thought in COLA.  Nice try at painting
the poster here as dazed followers of (who knows what?)

--
A star captain's most solemn oath is that he will give his life, even
his entire crew, rather than violate the Prime Directive.