Re: Toys R' Us Selling GNU/Linux PCs, Advertising Them in UK Newspapers

Verily I say unto thee, that RonB spake thusly:
> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>> Apple makes great computers. Too bad they didn't choose Linux
>> instead of building off BSD. I suppose they needed something that
>> worked for the desktop users.
>
> Uh... Apple put their Desktop on top of BSD anyhow. So much for the
> rest of your screed.

Apple chose BSD for it's (lack of) license, so they could abuse it by
leeching code from the BSD community, then turn it into a commercial;
close-source product that only benefited Apple. This is undoubtedly a
prime example of why no one should ever use the BSD license for their
software.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 02:06:27 up 7 days, 11:02,  3 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.04, 0.04