[News] A Look at the Latest GNUCash, New Release of Deluge

Manage Your Finances With GNUCash

,----[ Quote ]
| Hackers might like to think that the most important programs on their
| computer is an editor, programming language, or even a Web browser with the
| latest plugins. But for many people, a computer is nothing more than a tool,
| something that they use to write letters, perform calculations, and create
| presentations. Even if Linux were the most user-friendly operating system on
| the planet, but if it weren't for the OpenOffice productivity suite, no one
| would ever use it
`----

http://ostatic.com/164241-blog/manage-your-finances-with-gnucash

Deluge 1.0.2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| This version, 1.0.2, fixes that bug and also updates our translations. I
| apologize to anyone who used 1.0.1 and found their torrent list gone. You can
| re-add all the torrents from your ~/.config/deluge/state folder. There should
| also be fastresume files for these torrents, so there shouldn't be any data
| loss.
`----

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10585

Recent:

GnuCash 2.2.7 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.2.7
| aka "Dates'n'Prices", the seventh bug fix release in a series of stable
| releases of the GnuCash Free Accounting Software.
`----

http://www.gnucash.org/#080927-2-2-7.news

If You Knew Cash Like GnuCash Knows Cash

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the final frontiers for users, and open source programmers, is the
| dark realm of the financial application. Plenty of office suites, customer
| relationship managers, IDEs, and various groupware packages abound, but a
| dearth of solid and usable financial programs are available. GnuCash fills
| the void of a financial package for Linux users but GnuCash, contrary to what
| some believe, will not replace Quickbooks although it does have some very
| advanced features. It is more of a competitor with Microsoft Money or Quicken
| for personal account or small business accounting. It may fill the need,
| however, for a large number of you who feel stuck with a Windows-only
| financial application solution.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/6779/

Shareware Report: GNU money versus old

,----[ Quote ]
| GnuCash has enough financial bells and whistles to compete with the best
| commercial packages. Based on commercial accounting principles, its features
| include double entry, accounting, stock/bond/mutual fund accounts, and the
| ability to import files in the QIF, OFX and HBCI file formats.
|
| As technical writers, we were impressed with the accompanying (and extremely
| helpful) Tutorial and Concepts Guide.
`----

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080330/STYLE/530445018

Microsoft's Market Cap Falls $24B in 17 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is on the list. Today, the stock closed at $25.01 a share, down
| $2.39, or 8.72 percent.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/microsofts_market_cap_falls_24b_in_two_weeks.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Related: