Re: [News] [Rival] Vista at 4% in Businesses After Almost 2 years

> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 October 2008 07:12 : \____
>
>> Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I can't believe many people are doing that anymore.  Do you do that?  I
>>> don't remember the last time a website turned me away for not using Windows.
>>>

>> Most corporate systems were built for IE-only usage, as an example.
>> Look at Accenture's outsourced HR offerings, say.
>>
>> I'd estimate that the vast majority of workers in major corporates are
>> stuck with internal systems which have been designed for IE and don't
>> work well, if at all, with anything else.  Part of the problem is that
>> there is no simple business case to make the change, whereas for general
>> consumer stuff, the case is very strong indeed.
>
> I hear that about 8% of the people in Brazil use GNU/Linux and that's
> even /before/ they deploy it in /all/ the schools.
>
> Found an hour ago:
>
> "For, example, according to this report, there are now 12 million users in
> Brazil, representing fully 25% of the entire office market there. "
>
> http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1369&blogid=14

Good for them, really.  As we get more and more graduates with Linux
skills and expectations appearing on the job market, then I think that
things will have to change in companies.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |