Re: [News] [Rival] Vista at 4% in Businesses After Almost 2 years

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 October 2008 07:12 : \____

> Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
>>>
>>> In July, W3Schools had Linux hits at 3.6%, now shows 3.8%, in March 2002
>>> was 2.2%.  So much for the 1% theory.
>>>
>>> Discounting Linux browsing the Internet cloaked as Windows/IE to view
>>> Microsoft mandated software content,
>>

>> I can't believe many people are doing that anymore.  Do you do that?  I
>> don't remember the last time a website turned me away for not using Windows.
>>

> Most corporate systems were built for IE-only usage, as an example.
> Look at Accenture's outsourced HR offerings, say.
>
> I'd estimate that the vast majority of workers in major corporates are
> stuck with internal systems which have been designed for IE and don't
> work well, if at all, with anything else.  Part of the problem is that
> there is no simple business case to make the change, whereas for general
> consumer stuff, the case is very strong indeed.

I hear that about 8% of the people in Brazil use GNU/Linux and that's
even /before/ they deploy it in /all/ the schools.

Found an hour ago:

"For, example, according to this report, there are now 12 million users in
Brazil, representing fully 25% of the entire office market there. "

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1369&blogid=14

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
 09:00:01 up 21:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.54, 0.92, 1.01