Re: [News] [Rival] Google's Office Killer is Already Killing Office

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, amicus_curious
<ACDC@xxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:52:26 -0400
<48bf3f63$0$23210$ec3e2dad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> "Moshe Goldfarb." <brick_n_straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 23:15:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> Google Apps tops 1 million businesses
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>>last
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13953_3-10029861-80.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20
>>>
>>> Microsoft is already giving Office for very cheap, compromising margins.
>>> Office
>>> monopoly is doomed, with or without the OOXML corruptions.
>>
>> Yawwn.
>> You Linux loons have been singing that song for years.
>> It hasn't happened.
>>
>> Look at OpenOffice for example.
>>
>> It's free, it's cross platform and still it's market share is dismal.
>>
> It seems so strange that they don't see the illogic of their position.  Now
> we have Google spending a few hundred million bucks to promote their stuff
> and they have  a million or so customers, which is still a drop in the
> bucket.  But OSS has nothing to spend on promotions.

Correct.  Microsoft will blow Chrome away, right?

Won't they?

Any second now.  I'm waiting for their big push for IE8,
the most exciting thing to happen in browsers since, uh,
well IE7 I guess.

Any......second now.

Um....they are aware of Google, right?

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #889123:
std::vector<...> v; for(int i = 0; i < v.size(); i++) v.erase(v.begin() + i);