Re: [News] 64-bit Linux Claimed More Sensible for the Desktop

> * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> http://4sysops.com/archives/why-windows-vista-only-sees-3gb-memory-in-a-pc-with-4gb-ram-and-how-vista-sp1-fools-its-users/
>
> There is a KB article
>
>    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B929605&x=13&y=19
>
> about this issue which offers a "workaround" though. All you have to
> do is to install Vista x64 instead of Vista x86.

At which point you have an OS with almost no compatible software or
drivers, unlike Linux which has near-parity across several architectures
- including AMD64 ... but only for Free Software of course (e.g. not Flash).

> *LOL*

Windows: The Limited OS.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 22:33:04 up 28 days, 19:46,  4 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.24, 0.29