Re: [News] [News] Proprietary GNU/Linux 'Enhancements': PowerDVD, Cedega 6.1

After takin' a swig o' grog, Joe Potter belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Link reposted:

http://venturecake.com/a-review-of-powerdvd-linux-%E2%80%93-expensive-but-just-works/

>>> A Review of PowerDVD Linux - expensive, but just works
>>
>> Does it support 251 video codecs, including x264 and Theora?
>> Does it support 121 audio codecs, including Ogg Vorbis and AAC?
>>
>> . . .
>>
>> Does it allow me to make backups of my fragile DVDs?
>>
>> No?
>>
>> MPlayer does.
>>
>> Next!
>
> When somebody else posted that comment

I suspect Homer was the OP.

> on the page you left out the editors
> reply -
>
> Editor: If only it worked out of the box, had a pleasant UI, and its
> developers weren't such a cantankerous bunch of pricks.

   http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/linux/MPlayer-Review-61627.shtml

   Even if it doesn't come installed by default, MPlayer is very easy to
   install on popular distributions. ...

   I said this before, but I have to say it again: MPlayer is, was and
   will be the best video player Linux ever had! And most of all, with
   the right graphical user interface (GUI) it really rocks! I recommend
   this player to all Linux newbies and gurus.

Nothing there about whether the developers are pricks or not.

> And what's with the complaining about the price. I own ties that cost more
> than this.

Why?

--
I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.