Re: Microsoft’s “I’m a PC” Millions Actually Promoting the Mac

Hadron wrote:
"Phil Da Lick!" <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hadron wrote:
Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Hadron wrote:

"Phil Da Lick!" <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hadron wrote:
 Market demand alone should decide whether a company gets
renumeration on investment.
Oh do get a clue you self righteous prick. You have ZERO idea how much
money is invested by firms to come up with working ideas which are
valuable to their product lines.

Your simplistic "give it all away for free" attitude marks you as
someone singularly clueless in R&D costs and efforts.
OI! FUCKWIT! Please provide evidence that I suggest anyone give
anything away for free.
Err, where you deny IP and the right for patents?

Do stop me if I get too technical.
Since when means "no patents" "giving away for free"?
You are aware that in europe there are no software patents, yet there still
exists a thriving software industry?
Sure there does. Yet that doesnt mean people do not need protection from
poaching scum.
You are totally clueless. The role of market regulators is to protect
the consumer. Not the supplier. The best way to protect a consumer is
with competition driving prices down. That is basic economics.

What are you talking about? We were talking about protecting the
investment of R&D.

 Whether
a company invests in R&D and development for a product is an internal
company matter and dependant on the competency of the leadership of
the company.

dependant on competency and leadership of the company? What the fuck are
you taking about? What has that to do with the costs incurred?!?!?!?!?!?
These costs need to be recouped. By taking advantage of that R&D and
charging customers for it. Its how the world works. Can you really be
this insane?

That is *not* a justification for the patent process. The

Rubbish.

justification for patetns in any given market are solely to advance
the state of the art in the public domain. The protection that patents
offer are *not* an incentive for a patent regime; they are a
neccessary evil of the process. Software patents do not acheive the
goal of advancing the state of the art, and therefore are bad for the
economy.

You're a clueless idiot. You sound like a mixture of Homer and High
Plains Hypocrite.

QED.