Re: [News] Getting Rid of Novell/Microsoft Mono and Moonlight

Andrew Halliwell wrote:
Doctor Smith <iaintgotnostinkinemail@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:06:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Things to Avoid on Ubuntu
You're an idiot Schestowitz.

For those that don't know, Roy Schestowitz is on some kind of religious
pilgrimage to remove parts of Ubuntu, like mono and Moonlight and so forth
and replace them with open source crapware that doesn't work properly.

But mono and moonlight are open source crapware.
What's wrong with replacing one set of "crapware" with another that isn't
infested with stuff microsoft could threaten with patent suits at the drop
of a hat?

Short answer, I got a program from the repository that did cause problems, but I don't know exactly which one since I had installed about ten apps that day.
At least I have never had a dll overwritten like happens in windoze.

Bill Baka