Re: [News] Getting Rid of Novell/Microsoft Mono and Moonlight

On 2009-04-29, Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Moonlight
>> |
>> | This is Linux port of Microsoft sliverlight apparently designed to
>> | compete with adobe flash. Silver light doesn't offer anything new that's
>> | not already offered by adobe flash.
>
> I don't remember I ever seeing a site that used it. With only about 1/4 of
> browsers with a sliver/moonlight plugin not many internet developers will
> choose it yet, especially with other alternatives available.

...as much as I hate the idea of Microsoft "owning TV on the web", Adobe
does need a very thorough thrashing. The new ION based systems are failing
to impress for the simple fact that flash is pisspoor when it comes to
exploiting available video hardware acceleration methods.

They can play bluray rips but fall over on YouTube videos...

--
     Apple: Because a large harddrive is for power users.
	                                                         / | \