Re: Have all of the trolls already been fired/laid off?

____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Sunday 26 April 2009 11:06 : \____

http://www.prweek.com/uk/sectors/publicsector/article/900492/microsoft-cuts-csr-spend-across-europe/

>    Software giant Microsoft is believed to be slashing the PR budget for its
>    corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities, in favour of driving
>    awareness for key products such as Windows 7, Office and Xbox.
>
>    Senior sources told PRWeek the company was looking to "protect its
>    business lines first" -- in response to this year's economic
>    upheaval.
>
>    Microsoft's PR spend in support of citizenship is estimated at
>    upwards of US$15m globally.
>
> It is our civic duty to be downloading and purchasing only Microsoft
> products and services!  It is a responsibility of all citizens!

Buy Microsoft, it's your patriotic duty

,----[ Quote ]
| That seemed to be the message at the London launch of Microsoft Vista,
| Office 2007 and Exchange 2007 on 30 November 2006. Gordon Frazer,
| Microsoft's UK managing director, devoted most his opening speech to
| a gallimaufry of statistics and quotations intended to show that
| buying these new offerings would somehow make Britain more competitive.
`----

http://www.it-director.com/enterprise/other/content.php?cid=9038&ref=fd_itd

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
they discredit those without word. --Ed, c.o.l.a.
Swap:  4088500k total,   417880k used,  3670620k free,   264040k cached