[News] Ubuntu Release Extravaganza, Interviews, and Parties

Ayatana

http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/04/22/ayatana/

Ubuntu 9.04 + branding “regression”

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 9.04 is a rocking release. In particular, it’s fantastic to see
| Netbook Remix and the Dust theme shipping for real, and the integrated
| Dovecot/Postfix mail server meta-package… Vorsprung durch Einfachheit. :-)
|
| Congratulations again, Ubuntu and Canonical folks!
`----

http://bethesignal.org/blog/2009/04/23/ubuntu-904-branding-regression/

Ubuntu 9.04 released - best reviews and screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, maybe I am writing to fast, but only a few hours left, and Ubuntu 9.04
| will be realeased, there are already a lot of posts about it in the
| blogosphere.
`----

http://www.go2linux.org/Ubuntu-9.04-jaunty-jackalope-review-screenshot-video

Ubuntu 9.04, the Jaunty Jackalope, Sports Modest Software Improvements But Big
Plans

,----[ Quote ]
| REVIEW: Ubuntu 9.04, also known as the Jaunty Jackalope, delivers the latest
| in open-source software and will serve well in both desktop and server roles.
| Ubuntu 9.04 also comes with a preview version of Eucalyptus, which allows
| organizations to build their own Amazon EC2-style compute clouds, as well as
| a remix version for running Jaunty Jackalope on netbooks.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Linux-and-Open-Source/Ubuntu-904-the-Jaunty-Jackalope-Sports-Modest-Software-Improvements-But-Big-Plans-535187/
http://tinyurl.com/ddclhn

The road to Jaunty: a look back at Ubuntu's history

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, to celebrate the release of Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" we're going
| to kick off a three-part celebration of this tenth release of the world's
| most popular distro with a quick look back at the highs and lows over the
| years, complete with lots of PDFs from Linux Format magazine from our
| archives. We've also gone back and installed all ten Ubuntu releases to
| discover just how much performance has changed over the years.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/road-jaunty-look-back-ubuntus-history

Shuttleworth on Jaunty, netbooks and more

,----[ Quote ]
| MS: Well, they’re very different. To me building Ubuntu for Linux enthusiasts
| remains a really important job and I don’t want to take anybody off that. But
| if I think, of the team that we started Ubuntu with, that team continues
| really to focus and work to that mission - make it great, free software power
| user’s desktop, every six months that’s stable and maintained. So we continue
| to do that, and I think that will continue to be important, if only to keep
| Andrew Tridgell productive, so Samba gets better.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/shuttleworth-jaunty-netbooks-and-more

First Look at Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

,----[ Quote ]
| Worth mentioning, however, is the fact that the Kubuntu 9.04 release updates
| to the all-new 4.2 version. This offers significant improvements over earlier
| Kubuntu releases based on KDE4, and is shaping up very nicely. Indeed, I can
| envision a day in a few years' time when the Kubuntu release may well have
| more user share than Ubuntu itself, especially considering the 9.10 release
| in October will be based on the even more promising KDE 4.3.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5224586/first-look-at-ubuntu-904-jaunty-jackalope

Slick New Ubuntu ‘Jaunty Jackalope’ Springs Onto Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks to the new Linux kernel (version 2.6.28) Ubuntu now offers support for
| the Ext4 filesystem and includes a new wireless package that should help
| those using newer wi-fi cards.
`----

http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/Slick_New_Ubuntu__Jaunty_Jackalope__Springs_Onto_Netbooks

My First Boot of Ubuntu 9.04

http://beginlinux.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/my-first-boot-of-ubuntu-904/

Download Ubuntu Installation Guide and Cheatsheet Now

http://maketecheasier.com/download-ubuntu-installation-guide-and-cheatsheet-now/2009/04/23

9 Things You Need To Do/Install After Installing Ubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Getting Ubuntu onto your hard disk is only the first step. It is still in the
| raw and unpolished state. To get the best out of it, you really need to
| configure and customize it to suit your needs. In part 3 of the series, I am
| going to go through the important things that you need to do after you have
| got Jaunty up and running.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/9-things-you-need-to-doinstall-after-installing-ubuntu-904/2009/04/22

10 Things To Do Immediately After Installing Jaunty

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/04/things-to-do-immediately-after.html

To make things even more exciting, it's a sobbing day for Microsoft today. Net
earnings are down 32%.