[News] Another New Game for GNU/Linux and Cross-Platform One Also

Gabob releases Now Boarding 1.2 for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Indie game developer Gabob is pleased to announce Now Boarding 1.2 for Linux.
| Now Boarding is an action-tycoon game focused on running an airport. Create
| calm from chaos in a busy airport. Get your passengers to the correct
| destination before they freak out.

Cross-Platform Open Source Video Game: Nexuiz

,----[ Quote ]
| The community has created a full tournament system (The Ladders) where people
| can enter into competitions of our many game types. Public multiplayer
| servers usually have about 20 to 100 active players at one time - if not,
| bots can be placed into the game. Single player has a large amount of levels
| which get harder with each stage.
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/cross-platform-open-source-video-game-nexuiz/

Recent:

Nexuiz 2.5 (taking my time)

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is the 666 MB heavy download. In case you care about traffic more than
| graphics and sounds or have a weak system: An Arch Linux user created a ~60MB
| version for 32-bit Linux systems.
`----

http://freegamer.blogspot.com/2009/04/nexuiz-25-taking-my-time.html

Nexuiz shoots to the top of gaming list

,----[ Quote ]
| I grabbed the latest version of Nexuiz from the Nexuiz project page. It's
| licensed under the GNU GPL -- version 2.0 or later, your choice -- with
| versions available for the Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. The tarball
| includes binary versions for each platform as well as the source code. Linux
| executables are available for both 686 and 64-bit architectures. Each has two
| client and two server versions: one set is built using the Simple DirectMedia
| Layer (SDL) graphics library and the other using GLX. I played both the SDL
| and the GLX 686 versions on Ubuntu 7.10 and couldn't tell the difference
| between them.
|
| [...]
|
| Nexuiz is now my favorite free software game, at least in the realm of
| first-person shooters. Credit the eye candy or perhaps the speed of play --
| or both. The Nexuiz 2.4 UI is fast, easy to use, and attractive, and it
| doesn't get in the way of the fragging.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/133830

Nexuiz 2.4.2 Open-Source FPS Released

,----[ Quote ]
| or those interested in some weekend gaming, Nexuiz 2.4.2 has been released.
| This open-source first person shooter now has an "onslaught" game-mode (with
| an ons-reborn map being added), brand new announcement sounds/voices, fixes
| for several bugs, new crylink primary attack mode, new server tools, and
| uint16 element array support.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjQ3MA

Linux Got Game: Nexuiz 2.4 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Nexuiz is highly entertaining and is somewhat addictive especially when
| played online or in multiplayer mode. This game has a mix of violence though,
| so I wouldn't recommend it to kids or even to adults who have violent crime
| records (hehe). Anyway, I really had fun playing Nexuiz, and I'm keeping it
| because I'm going to be playing it over and over again.
|
| Here's my quick rating for Nexuiz 2.4:
|
| Sounds and Graphics: 8/10
| Gameplay: 8/10
| Total: 8/10
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/linux-got-game-nexuiz-24-review.html

Related:

Nexuiz 2.4 Offers Impressive Graphics

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the release of Nexuiz 1.0 in 2005, we have been tracking its progress
| as one of the leading open-source first person shooters. With time, this
| fast-pace game has picked up a nice level of artificial intelligence for its
| in-game bots, engine optimizations, single-player campaign missions, and a
| variety of technical advancements.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nexuiz_24&num=1

Nexuiz 2.4 has been released