Re: [News] Groklaw: Time to Get Mono and Moonlight Out of GNU/Linux

After takin' a swig o' grog, Terry Porter belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Fluxbox.  Here's what I like about it:
>>
>>    -  Lean.  Works well on the OLPC XO, for example. ...
>
> I've been running IceWM for about the last 9 years, it's similar to Fluxbox
> and Blackbox, both of which I like.
>
> Debian lenny runs xfce on the EeePC900 dual boot with Ubuntu gnome, which is
> very pretty!

I no longer select "Desktop Environment" when first installing Debian on a
host.  I unselect it, leaving "Standard system" in place.  Then I add only
the things I really want:  gdm, fluxbox, mrxvt, mutt, slrn, vim/vim-gtk, GNU
dev tools, valgrind, doxygen, graphviz, ncftp, iceweasel, mpd/mpc/gmpc,
OpenOffice, gkrellm+plugins, cups, samba, nfs-server, xbindkeys,
openssh-server, and then whatever is suggested by the dependencies.

On my 64-bit home server/workstation, /usr uses about 2 Gb.

On the laptop, though, it's about 12 Gb, which also includes a ton of themes
and wallpaper, as well as the OpenOffice clipart package and the massive
texlive install.

Still use fluxbox on it, though.

--
Condense soup, not books!