Re: [News] Groklaw: Time to Get Mono and Moonlight Out of GNU/Linux

Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Jerry McBride belched out
>>>   this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Hell, on this new install (thank you, nVidia), I don't even have
>>> /gnome/.
>>>
>>> (Or KDE.)
>>>
>>> Maybe that's why it is so much faster.
>>
>> What DE you using?
>
> Fluxbox.  Here's what I like about it:
>
>    -  Lean.  Works well on the OLPC XO, for example.
>    -  Extremely configurable.
>    -  Allows a spare, clean look (e.g. minimal, or even absent, window
>       decorations), yet also supports some eye-candy (including
>       pseudo-transparency).
>    -  Pretty much every mouse action can also be implemented with
>       keystrokes.
>
> My next favorite is xfce, and even in fluxbox, I keep xfce-mcs-manager
> running to allow enhanced appearance and font control in applications.

I've been running IceWM for about the last 9 years, it's similar to Fluxbox
and Blackbox, both of which I like.

Debian lenny runs xfce on the EeePC900 dual boot with Ubuntu gnome, which is
very pretty!

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008