[News] New Collaborations Between Open Source Companies: Acquia, Alfresco, Ingres

  • Subject: [News] New Collaborations Between Open Source Companies: Acquia, Alfresco, Ingres
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 02:15:19 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Acquia, Alfresco Partner With Optaros for First Drupal CMIS Interface

,----[ Quote ]
| Proposed as a new standard for content management by industry-leading
| organizations including IBM, Microsoft, Oracle and Alfresco, CMIS allows for
| interoperability between multiple sites and content repositories. Visit
| http://buytaert.net/cmis for more information on CMIS.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/acquia-alfresco-partner-with-optaros-for-first-drupal-cmis-interface,727114.shtml

Using Drupal

,----[ Quote ]
| I have read a lot of Drupal books as well as online materials. This
| particular book is one I was looking forward to for a long time. It was just
| released in December 2008 and is from O’Reilly Press. I have never made it a
| secret that I find O’Reilly’s books to be consistently good, and usually the
| best in any category in which they have offerings available. This book lived
| up to my expectations.
`----

http://matthewhelmke.net/2009/02/24/using-drupal/

Ingres Announces Open Source Solutions as the Way to Save Money and Eliminate
Risk

,----[ Quote ]
| Staff cuts and budget reductions - all signs of the difficult economic times
| organizations face today. Organizations are cancelling or delaying important
| new projects and evaluating cost-cutting measures just to survive. At the
| same time, proprietary software vendors are increasing license fees, and
| support and maintenance costs seemingly without concern as to how this
| affects their customers.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/ingres-announces-open-source-solutions/story.aspx?guid={DFE5C636-9E13-4211-A1A1-7F480BEC7BD4}&dist=msr_8
http://tinyurl.com/aotgpk

Ingres, Alfresco debut open-source SharePoint rival

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=development&articleId=9128508&taxonomyId=11&intsrc=kc_top