Re: Linux Netbooks Eating Microsoft's Lunch

WS wrote:

> Terry Porter wrote:
>>>
>> He explained that his old machine ran Windows 2000 but the new drivers
>> for his new PC kept complaining that they wouldn't run under Windows 2000
>> and that he needed to upgrade to XP.
>>
>> This old Windows diehard didn't want XP or Vista, only Win2k, and as he
>> could no longer use it, he is seriously considering Linux.
>>

> Why deny him the best of both worlds? Setup his linux desktop AND put
> back his Win2K box in it's own VM.
>
> Cheers,
> WS

Excellent suggestion WS. I admit that never occurred to me because I
consider people giving up their Windows dependency to be a *good* thing.

In his case he has a Windows accounting application called MYOB that he must
have, so I have passed on your suggestion to him.

Thanks,
Terry

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008