Re: [News] KDE 4.2 Advances: 'Built-in' Database, KWin Effects

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> KDE 4.2 brings the MySQL server to the desktop
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | If you?re using Fedora 10, and are a KDE desktop user, you?ll notice
> | that your latest KDE 4.2 update, requires having a local MySQL server
> | installed. This is due to Akonadi, part of the KDE PIM packages, that
> | now rely on MySQL as a default server, for storing PIM data. Just a few
> | months ago, I mentioned the news that Amarok 2 will also use MySQL as a
> | default database.

They need to get that MySQL installer working properly - when that fails
it can take the whole KDE installation with it by bringing up very hairy
sounding error messages.
IMHO I think they could either fix it or warn users to install MySQL first.
And then it can run smoothly.