Re: [News] KDE 4.2 Advances: 'Built-in' Database, KWin Effects

Ezekiel wrote:

> "7" <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> KDE 4.2 brings the MySQL server to the desktop
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>

>> They need to get that MySQL installer working properly - when that
>> fails it can take the whole KDE installation with it by bringing up
>> very hairy sounding error messages.
>> IMHO I think they could either fix it or warn users to install MySQL
>> first.
>> And then it can run smoothly.
>>

>>> http://www.bytebot.net/blog/archives/2009/02/19
>> kde-42-brings-the-mysql-server-to-the-desktop
>>

> Sounds like needless bloat to me. Desktop users now need a MySQL
> database running on their local machine just to run KDE.... WTF?

Who said something about *need* you clueless nimwit?
It is needed by Akonadi, a systemwide personal data storage facility.

You know, those types of services ZnU from the MAK camp knows nothing
about. And, obviously, you don't either

You /can/ set up your system to use that. Or something else. Or none of
the options.
You know: That choice thingy you wintendo fanbois can't cope with
--
Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course