Re: [News] GNU/Linux Attracts Game Makers, Another New Arrival (Rick Rocket)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> GNU/Linux As The Platform for the Future of Innovation and Gaming
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | So now when I think of computer gaming, and I throw in the inertia and
> | excitement of the GNU/Linux Desktop OS development model, I see a WHOLE
> | NEW world of computer gaming spreading out before the world, and I see
> | so much potential, and it's AWESOME!!
> `----
>
> http://www.humans-enabled.com/2009/02
gnulinux-as-platform-for-future-of.html

Linux has the biggest frame rate x resolution envelope for any OS out there.
There are more open source games with more levels than any other games out
there. All conversions of previously windummy games run faster and on lower
spec cards. For example Prey that just got released can play on 1920 x 1200
resolution monitor on an ancient Nvidia 6600 at full speed.
Wait for end of year with new processors both graphical and CPU, and you
could be seeing 100x more power than needed to play Prey on a PC.

Go for Linux's raw power and speed when you want no other gamers left
standing in the same room.