Re: [News] Publications Heaven (Gutenberg) Arriving at GNU/Linux, Including Voice

On 2009-02-20, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>   this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Gutenberg books with GNU/Linux - Part 1
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| I have explored a number of Debian packages that make reading Gutenberg texts
>>| a pleasure. In part two of this article I will explore Gutenberg-related
>>| Java-based applications, from speed reading to converting text to other handy
>>| formats.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/manage_and_listen_your_gutenberg_books_gnu_linux
>
> I don't see gutenbrowser in the Lenny repos I use.

mebbe you need an update.

I am pulling it down for Hardy right now.

[deletia]

I still have my Gutenberg CD from 1994, or rather I have the content.
It has been lurking around my /home partition for years and years.

Is there an easy way to convert their newer stuff into plain text?

--
	Nothing quite gives you an understanding of mysql's         |||
	popularity as does an attempt to do some simple date       / | \