Re: [News] Abuse of Intellectual Monopolies Does Not Work for Slaughterhouse

Verily I say unto thee, that JEDIDIAH spake thusly:

> I always find it funny when mindless tree huggers whine

What's more "mindless", needless brutality for entertainment and profit,
or complaining about that needless brutality?

Attempting to marginalise those who are appalled by this vile activity,
by branding them as "tree huggers", only serves to further undermine the
defensibility of your position. If such people are so clearly /wrong/ to
oppose animal abuse, then there should be no need to stigmatise them
with juvenile insults.

Personally, I can't say I've ever "hugged" a tree, or even felt any
inclination to do so, since (unlike animals) trees are not conscious,
empathetic, sentient beings, and are therefore disinclined to respond
emotionally to "hugging", torture, or any other form of interaction.

That doesn't mean I'm not concerned about issues such as deforestation
though. The "trees" may not suffer the effects, but mankind does.

Presumably you won't be satisfied until every last remnant of vegetation
and animal life on planet earth has been extinguished, and the entire
surface of the earth is paved with a solid sheet of concrete.

What will you torture then? What will you have the satisfaction of
seeing destroyed? You'll be relegated to playing torture and destruction
simulations on a games console, whilst people like me will have to put
up with your constant "whining" about how it's not the same as the real
thing. Of course, that'll be the least of my problems, since I'll be
living in your dystopian nightmare vision of the future, in a grey,
synthetic and lifeless world covered in concrete.

> about what happens to the animals at rodeos. Those events are highly
> dangerous for all involved and the coyboys and clowns usually come
> out of it much more damaged than the animals.

As Smith pointed out, the /people/ attending those events have a choice
... the animals don't. They're not exactly hunting for survival, are
they? They're voluntarily engaged in a recreational activity, with the
objective of deriving a sick pleasure and profit from torturing and
killing animals. So you'll have to excuse my lack of sympathy for their
self-induced injuries.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 19:15:56 up 106 days,  2:58,  4 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.06