[News] Radio Show on GNUstep-based Desktop; New Open Source Video Player

FLOSS Weekly 56: Étoilé

,----[ Quote ]
| Étoilé, a GNUstep-based user environment that enables users to create their
| own
`----

http://twit.tv/floss56

Flowplayer - The Next Open Source Success?

,----[ Quote ]
| I first heard from Flowplayer from the guys at Floobs. Kaitsu, their CEO,
| said that I might want to check out these guys. The line was something in the
| lines of ‘…yeah, He’s really good. He worked for us before but wanted to go
| and develop his own open source project. It’s all cool’. This healthy
| attitude is something that other industries should copy. Very rarely you hear
| such a supportive attitude toward someone who takes off to develop his own
| project.
`----

http://www.arcticstartup.com/2009/02/12/flowplayer-the-next-open-source-success/

Related:

Étoilé 0.2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Étoilé project is pleased to announce the release of version 0.2 of the
| Étoilé User Environment for UNIX-like systems. The Étoilé project aims to
| produce a user environment for desktop and small form-factor devices, with
| tight integration between components. The 0.2 release is primarily targeted
| at developers interested in a GNUstep-based environment.
`----

http://www.etoile-project.org/etoile/mediawiki/index.php?title=0.2_Release_Announcement

Etoile Live CD 0.2-RC1 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| The Etoile project has released version 0.2 RC1 of their live CD. The Etoile
| project aims to produce a document-centric desktop and post-desktop
| environment. The project is built on top of GNUstep, a high-quality Free
| Software implementation of the OpenStep specification from Sun and NeXT and
| popularised by Apple as Cocoa.
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9862.phtml

Summary of the Etoile conference, 28th of April 2007

,----[ Quote ]
`----

https://mail.gna.org/public/etoile-dev/2007-04/msg00019.html#content