Re: [News] New NVIDIA Driver Released; Status of Open Source Driver

After takin' a swig o' grog, JEDIDIAH belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On 2009-02-12, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> NVIDIA Pushes Out Another Binary Driver Update
> [deletia]
>>
>> NVIDIA ought to just open up. They have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
>> Their results last night were abysmal, so they must change fast!
>>

>    What's to gain? They already have the marketshare and the mindshare.
> They have better performing gear and more robust drivers. They even have
> full acceleration support in their Linux driver for h264 & VC-1 decode
> up to BD profiles.
>
>    Being open would be nice. Perhaps when Intel and ATI drivers have
> caught up all of this crowing about openness will seem less academic.
>
>    Nvidia has the sort of comitiment to desktop Linux that some people
> would like you to believe is only mythical. I'll gladly take advantage
> of that.

As long as you have a fall-back plan <grin>.

Apt?:

--
So as your consumer electronics adviser, I am advising you to donate your
current VCR to a grate resident, who will laugh sardonically and hurl it