Re: [News] Songbird Does Well on GNU/Linux, New FLOSS Weekly Audiocast

On 2009-02-09, Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Sinister Midget wrote:
>> On 2009-02-08, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>> Singing The Praises Of Songbird 1.0
>>
>> I tried using Songbird a long time back. It kept crashing on me.
>
>> I'm about ready to try it one more
>> time. Hopefully those issues are gone.
>

> I would expect it still has some major improvements yet to come, as it
> is just going to version 1.0.0, and the Windows and Mac versions are
> still kept in the back room.  Songbird doesn't appear when I search for
> it using Synaptic package manager under Ubuntu.
>
> So I would think there are yet to be big increases in numbers of users,
> development effort, and quality.

You're right, it's not in repositories yet.

I installed 1.0 last night. It's definitely too soon to tell if it's
all going to be OK, but I can say I haven't had any problems with it in
the 10-15 minutes I played with it. I tried the same things that gave
me trouble before and they worked fine this time.

--
It's spelled W-I-N-D-O-W-S. But it's pronounced CRAP.