[News] Microsoft May be Giving Up on Win CE, Hires BSD Developers

New Sidekick Will Run NetBSD, Not Windows CE

,----[ Quote ]
| Many sites are reporting that the next Sidekick LX 2009/Blade, from Danger
| (acquired by Microsoft early in 2008), is going to run NetBSD as their
| operating system, causing Microsoft's recruiters to look for NetBSD
| developers.
`----

http://bsd.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/03/0146256

Related:

Attracting Students to C# With FreeBSD

,----[ Quote ]
| Giga Information Group analyst Rob Enderle says Microsoft is trying to
| win the hearts and minds of computer science college students who are
| currently enamored of Linux and open source.
|
| Giga's Enderle maintains Microsoft chose FreeBSD because it's "viewed
| as being neutral, whereas Linux is viewed as being a competing
| platform."
`----

http://redmondmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=2004

Openness is not a Poison Pill at Yahoo!