Re: Inconsistency in "Linux GUI" debunked

____/ ml2mst on Wednesday 04 February 2009 07:08 : \____

http://bit-rot.blogspot.com/2008/11/making-kde4qt4-apps-look-like-gnomegtk.html

> http://tinyurl.com/cqwwjb
>
> Of course these precious posters will shout "Liar" and "Prove it".
>
> Well, here ya go...
>
> My Gnome desktkop running the default filemanager Nautilus:
>
> http://ml2mst.googlepages.com/ubuntu8_12.png
>
> And running Krusader:
>
> http://ml2mst.googlepages.com/gtkstyle.png
>
> Tata!
>
> Cheers

KDE comes with more applications than Windows (maybe OS X too). This means that
integration and consistency out of the box beat that of Microsoft Windows +
necessary third-party software. Nobody edits text with Notepad.exe, right?

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

"If the operating system is in fact a natural monopoly, then what could be
better than having an operating system that nobody owns?"

                --James Love