Re: What are Microsoft *really* good at ?

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 07:28:53 -0500, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, Tony Sivori was heard to say:

> On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:04:36 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>> So Rex - where exactly in the Vista EULA does it give MS the right to
>> access any data on your computer at any time?
>
> Microsoft saves the blanket Administrator rights EULA for security updates
> and service packs.
>
>> Rex Ballard - clueless liar.

http://www.zoliblog.com/2007/09/14/you-think-you-own-your-computer-think-twice-microsoft-shows-whos-boss/

And:
<quote>
The terms of the Vista EULA, like the current EULA related to the
“Windows Genuine Advantage,” allows Microsoft to unilaterally decide
that you have breached the terms of the agreement, and they can
essentially disable the software, and possibly deny you access to critical
files on your computer without benefit of proof, hearing, testimony or
judicial intervention.
[==]
The Vista EULA informs the licensee that Vista will automatically send
information about the version, language and product key of the software,
the user's Internet protocol address of the device, and information
derived from the hardware configuration of the device.
<unquote>

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/423

Ezekiel wintroll - clueless idiot.