Re: KDE 4.2 (Final) Runs Great on Sub-notebooks

On Feb 1, 10:00 pm, "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> > Vista doesn't run on sub-notebooks.
>
> The "advocate" lies never stop.  Vista runs much better than Linux on this
> guy's netbook:
>
> "Just for grins and giggles, I went to Vlite, created my own version of
> Vista and installed it. No problems whatsover! The lag is gone (except for
> updates from MS), and it runs way better than Xandros and XP. Used almost
> exactly 1/2 of the drive, but no problem as I use an external DVDRW and
> large usb thumbdrives for storage. Otherwise I was shocked that Vista ran so
> well!"

IOW, this guy was able to remove a significant number of "features"
from the Vista installer...probably violating the Vista EULA in the
process.  His own hacked version of Vista supposedly ran faster than
Linux and XP.

How many average users are going to take the time to remaster Vista?
How many would even know that such a thing is possible, not to mention
legal?  It almost seems more practical to experiment with another
Linux distribution than to try to hack Vista to run on a netbook...