Re: [News] KDE 4.2 (Final) Runs Great on Sub-notebooks

____/ 7 on Monday 02 February 2009 06:26 : \____

> Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing:
>

>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Vista doesn't run on sub-notebooks.
>>
>> The "advocate" lies never stop.  Vista runs much better than Linux on this
>> guy's netbook:
>

> Probably another la la land experience by DFS hallucinating!
>
> In the real world it never works no matter what micoshaft asstroturfers
> screamin abuse in newsgroups hope to cover up.
>
> PISTA speed is so pathetic you don't want to even try!
> Its just wait and wait and wait for anything to happen.
>
> Linux distros run so much more quicker and use so much
> less power than windummy OSen, its simply no brainer
> why so many use Linux and never bother to look back.
>

>> "Just for grins and giggles, I went to Vlite, created my own version of
>> Vista and installed it. No problems whatsover! The lag is gone (except for
>> updates from MS), and it runs way better than Xandros and XP. Used almost
>> exactly 1/2 of the drive, but no problem as I use an external DVDRW and
>> large usb thumbdrives for storage. Otherwise I was shocked that Vista ran
>> so well!"
>>
>>  ASUS Eee PC 900 16G - Pearl White NetBook Intel processor 8.9" Wide SVGA
>> 1GB Memory 16GB SSD Integrated Graphics
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16834220362

NewEgg?????/

Belkin paying 65 cents for good reviews on NewEgg and Amazon?

,----[ Quote ]
| I just contacted Belkin to confirm but this doesn’t look good. A site called
| The Daily Background found evidence that Belkin Bizdev guy, Michael Bayard,
| is paying folks 65 cents to write good things about Belkin routers. Why? I’m
| not sure. I sure didn’t mind Belkin routers in the first place and 65 cents
| isn’t a lot of money for a paragraph. Maybe a flat buck or a USB hub instead?
| Is false praise really that cheap?
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/01/17/belkin-paying-65-cents-for-good-reviews-on-newegg-and-amazon/

Belkin boss 'extremely sorry' for cash-for-good-reviews plan

,----[ Quote ]
| According to an open letter from Belkin big cheese Mark Reynoso,
| the "unethical practice" was conducted by "one of our employees", who offered
| cash in exchange for good reviews.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/01/20/belkin_prez_apologises/

Caught AstroTurfing: Bad Belkin Bayard Business..

,----[ Quote ]
| It seems a Belkin employee was caught red-handed looking for people to write
| positive reviews of one of their products. Our own Paul Ferris discusses his
| observations and some of the bigger social issues that 'AstroTurfing'
| exposes.
`----

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/114965/

EU cracks down on fake blogger astroturfing

,----[ Quote ]
| But back to the web, and with sneaky marketing campaigns likely to be more
| effective than upfront marketing campaigns, what is stopping companies from
| simply risking it and continuing existing practices?
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/03/eu_flogging_ban/

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP
 07:20:02 up 10 days, 16:06,  2 users,  load average: 0.78, 0.81, 0.88