[News] Creating One's Personalised GNU/Linux Distribution Made Simple

Building customised Linux distributions

,----[ Quote ]
| UK firm 64 Studios is using Componentised Linux and the Platform Development
| Kit to offer customised Linux to companies.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/609719/building-customised-linux-distributions

"Bill Gates looks at everything as something that should be his. He acts in any
way he can to make it his. It can be an idea, market share, or a contract.
There is not an ounce of conscientiousness or compassion in him. The notion of
fairness means nothing to him. The only thing he understands is leverage."

                                        --Philippe Kahn

Related:

Linux. Its all about choice!

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux gives you a choice. A choice to be you and express yourself in another
| medium. Much the same way as you express yourself in the car you drive, the
| phone that you use, the way your house is decorated and in the clothes that
| you wear. It is another way to be unique in a world were you would have
| otherwise been forced to be the same as everyone else.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/linux-its-all-about-choice-20288

Choice: The system of Checks and Balances in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| What am I getting at here? Just that Linux has and always will be about
| choice. And although it is probably good to keep choice to a minimum when it
| comes to OEM deals (so as not to confuse the unwashed masses), it must be
| remembered that Linux can never consolidate to a point where only a few
| distros exist. Not only is it impossible given the nature of Linux and the
| needs of its users, but even if it did happen, corporate issues/politics
| could eventually muddy the development process and possibly the public
| perception of Linux in general. Smaller distros not only exist for the
| benefit of their user base; they exist as a system of checks and balances to
| the big boys and will keep the whole entire Linux ecosystem alive and moving
| well into the future.
`----

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/95008/

Why Having 500+ Distros is a Good Thing

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps next time the author might think about what they're
| saying...because limiting the number of distros out there is
| absolutely NOT the way to go to accomplish anything other
| than limiting innovation.
`----

http://linux-blog.org/index.php?/archives/186-Why-Having-500+-Distros-is-a-Good-Thing.html

Fedora 7: Community remix