Re: Windows 7: back to the 1990's

Megabyte wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> ____/ Homer on Monday 12 January 2009 14:30 : \____
>>
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that Megabyte spake thusly:

>>> *PLONK*
>>>
>>> Oh well, it seems I really was wrong about "Megabyte" after all. He /is/
>>> just a Microsoft shill.
>>
>> I've seen similar comments in blogs (including mine) that criticise
>> Windows 7. It's just a spew of lots of praises for Vista7. Maybe they get
>> 65c per comment, a la Belkin.
>>
>> It was the same with Vista (MEII).
>>
> Nope, the comments are much like FOSS, free as in freedom! ;-)  There
> are a lot of benefits to Linux but that doesn't mean everyone has to
> hate Windows in order to like Linux.

Hating Windows, and loving Linux are two entirely unrelated emotions.

For instance, I don't have to hate impacting a car while on my motorbike, to
love eating freshly grilled Barramundi.

> Windows 7 is a marked improvement
> over Vista

I'm sure you must mean "Windows beta7 *seems* to be a marked improvement
over Vista", as Windows 7 is not yet released, and all you have seen is a
beta ?

How can you praise something that does not yet exist ?

> so why not offer praise where it is deserved?

Personally, given Microsofts performance with their OSes. I'd like to wait
for several months until after the finished product is released, and users
who have no choice but to use it, start reporting on its problems, before
making up my mind.

But hey that's just me, you can rush headlong into an unfinished promise
waving your Vistabeta7 CD (that will turn into a pumpkin in August),
leaping and dancing with glee if you like.

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008