Re: TALKING POINTS Microsoft Memo (Comes Antitrust)

George Barca wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:48:53 -0600, Matt
<matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

George Barca wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:41:58 +1100, Terry Porter
<linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What type of compensation are you referring to?
Being compensated if I write a book rather than people feeling
they can freely copy it and give it to their friends for example.

I don't believe in giving stuff away unless every single entity
is giving stuff away and that will never happen.

Not clear that you understand GPL.

Maybe I don't. I'm willing to listen, explain it to me.

One of the main ideas is that nobody can stop you from selling or distributing FOSS, and that you can't stop anybody else from selling it or distributing it.

Another is that if you add to FOSS and sell it or otherwise distribute it with your additions, you can't stop anybody else from selling or distributing your additions.

Did you know that?